WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Which is the best social media marketing strategy for startup business?

MariyaMariya subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Hello, this is Mariya, live in beautiful city Toronto, i'm new member in this community, i'm going to start my new startup business which is restaurant, i would like to know what social media strategy is best for startup business.

Answers

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited April 2017
    Hello, @Mariya. Welcome to the community! The resturant industry is tough, typically generating low profit margins, however I wish you the best of luck! If you plan on having dishes with great presentation,  then Instagram may be ideal. Facebook is the largest social network, and audiences seem to love food, so I would suggest that one as well. You can also use Twitter to tweet your daily specials, photos of your food or food and to promote your business as a whole. 

You also may want to look into Facebook ads as well, which has a little bit of a cost to it. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • coleticoncoleticon subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Mariya, welcome to the Forum! :)

In your case, I would suggest an active and vivid Instagram channel. Food is very visual and you could attract and engage many people with food photography!
  • Ashley JohnAshley John subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
    Hi Mariya, Welcome to Startupnation forum :) 

For a restaurant business, you can make your own website and delivery through your app just like zomato in a particular city. For branding awareness, create social media profiles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also create your YouTube channel and post about your recipes items and all. Hope it helps :) 
  • WhisperingTreeWhisperingTree subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Dear Mariya,

Although we work in Europe, which is not so near to Canada as far as we know :), as a business consultancy office, we have plenty of experience with restaurants.

Restaurant and bar business is a good business if it is done in the proper way. Well, let me say, that most of our experienced clients earned their success through many fails. I really like to have discussions with our clients, since one may learn a lot of other people's life.

I can summarize my findings as follows:
    - In the beginning you have to decide whether you go for the "many pennies" or for the "few dollars". Both strategies have their benefits and disadvantages. Many pennies however, may result that a similar place is opened nearby. There is a slang experssion for this in Hungarian may be translated as "the new palce is OPENED ON" your business
    - Place is what matters! If it is situated in a low populated area, do not even try to start. In addition, if shop front is not visible, people tend not to visit your place. You have to show yourself! Use big signs, backlightable images about your food etc. (e.g. place a 24" monitor behind your window and use a media player to constantly dirve attention and interest of people walking by - cheap but effective!)
    - Design is important as well. A uniqe idea or something extraordinary is a magnet for people. Human nature drives your potential customers to try out new things and new tastes

I hope I could contribute to your succes. Sorry for grammar mistakes - English is definately not my mothertongue I notice this several time during my day :smile: Which gives me an exuse is the fact that it is still better than my French.

Regards,
    Attila Lantos
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Very good advice, @WhisperingTree. With so much competition in the resturant space, I think it's becoming increasingly more important to stand out in any way possible. That includes design, location and store front. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • salenadamsalenadam subscriber Posts: 99 Silver Level Member
    Three best ways for social media marketting statergies for startup business are:
    Try something new
    Word of mouth is your best friend
    Use everyones brainpower

• Debvie MedinaDebvie Medina subscriber Posts: 10 Member
    Hello there Mariya! :) You have a good question and to help you here are some elements that make up a great social media plan:

1.SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely) goals. The more specific, the better.
    2.An editorial calendar. Organize your upcoming blog and social content.
    3.A short- and long-term vision.
    4.A clear idea of the channels you will focus on. It’s better to do one channel well than a dozen channels poorly.
    5.An understanding of your brand’s voice.
    6.Audience personas.
    7.Which metrics you will use to determine success.

Along with these items, any good plan should have some flexibility. If a 24-hour flash Twitter sale gets no traction, learn to pivot quickly and try a different tactic. Hoping that these tips will help you! God bless!
  • SocialmarkedSocialmarked subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    My suggestions:

Join food Related groups on FB as well as business groups. 

1)Post attractive pix of your food on Instagram and Pinterest, perfect them using an app
    2)Make short videos of your food and restaurant to showcase across FB to be shared.
    3)Everyone that visits your restaurant have them take a pix with you or infront of business name and tag your business profile page in it. 
    4)Add your business to Yelp, Google business yellow pages.
    5)Add a offer on Groupon
    6)Do a grand Opening inviting the groups your in for a special discount.

These are some of the ways that will draw more traffic. If you need any revamping services or more assistance feel free to message me.
    Socialmarked1@gmail.com
  • seodevelop1seodevelop1 subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member

Email Marketing

Despite predictions of its death in the marketing world, emails are still around and delivering a handsome return on investment (ROI) to marketers.

In a recent survey conducted by Demand Metric and the Data & Marketing Association (DMA), it was concluded that email marketing had an impressive ROI of 122%.

That was four times higher than the other marketing channels which were analyzed. Those channels included paid search, direct mail, and social media.

What startup wouldn’t want that kind of ROI on email marketing? And the best thing about email marketing is you don’t have to break the bank to run an email campaign.

Though email marketing is highly effective, not all startups are able to harness the true power of email marketing. But some brands have excelled at email marketing.

• Benedicta DdcostaBenedicta Ddcosta subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member
    For your startup, the best social media channel is where your potential customers hang out most. A good social media marketing consultant will build a customer persona first, then start creating a social media strategy for your business.
  • maulikpandyamaulikpandya subscriber Posts: 8 Member

The best social media marketing strategy for startup business

Identify Best Social Media Marketing Channels

Focus on Target Market

Do Live Video Streamings

Create Visually Attractive Content

Capitalize on What’s Trending

Use Snap Stories Focus on Mobile Audience

Take Advantage of AI

Use Virtual Reality

Track Data

Make a Content Publishing Calendar

Create Engaging Posts

Leverage Influencer Marketing

A/B Test Your Campaigns

Share Coupon and Sweepstakes

Build a Community Around Your Brand

Use Social Media to Improve Customer Service

Identify Best Timings to Post

Follow Top Accounts of Your Niche

Develop Relations Not Followers Stay Active

• nitish_kmrnitish_kmr subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

When it comes to social media marketing, there are a variety of strategies that you can employ. One popular approach is using social media platforms to build relationships with potential and current customers. This can be done by posting relevant content that is interesting and useful, as well as engaging in conversation with your followers. You should also use social media platforms to promote special offers and discounts, answer customer questions promptly, and respond to negative reviews or complaints.

Another strategy is using paid advertising on social media platforms. This can be effective for reaching a wider audience through targeted ads that align with your business goals. However, make sure not to overspend on this type of marketing since it may not generate the desired results in the long-term.

• Miasm1Miasm1 subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member

Hello,

As per my knowledge, Best social media marketing strategy for a startup business is Follow a system for using best techniques and best strategies. You can plan your social media posting strategy for best content . content quality is more important not quantity. than focus your target market.