We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

what type of license do i need?

calvincalvin subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
edited December 2007 in Business Planning
i`ve been doing quite a bit of research, but can`t quite figure out what type of license is required for my business.
i`m developing an online auction business for real estate properties.  in a nutshell, i`m a broker.
i`m in the process of getting an RE license, but don`t know what else i need to run my online auction site.
can any of you shed some light on this?


  • StartupLawGuyStartupLawGuy subscriber Posts: 2
    The authority to require licensing for engaging in a profession generally comes from either the state or local governmental jurisdiction in which you reside and/or intend to operate your business.  Check up with both your state and local government and see if anything is required.  I know that in Chicago, there are specific professions/businesses that need city licensing, but if a business doesn`t fall within those enumerated, it needs a "general" business license.  Maybe your locality has something similar?
Sign In or Register to comment.