Have you created a pitch deck for your business?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 941administrator Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Business Planning
A pitch deck is a visual summary used to communicate your business idea to potential investors. I am curious, who in the community has created a pitch deck presentation? Who is interested in doing so? 

If you would like to learn more about pitch decks, download our free Pitch Deck Fundamentals (produced by Venture Formations) e-book here.

Have you created a pitch deck for your business? 26 votes

Yes, I have created a pitch deck
26%
Chris NierhausGregory101Matt_ShieldsErik G.Nick MJoe11231Trice 7 votes
No, I have not created a pitch deck
19%
TheBianicMancharudanielpuchgodmadeentreprenuerfreewebdesign 5 votes
No, but I am interested in creating a pitch deck
53%
skytouchnycCara BoyerRyan O'BlenessObie16BrianSmithTom AdamsAshley JohnUlla OtterstålSnaiLegacyUrvi KashyapRichoDavid_C42DAlrd8925Griffin 14 votes
No interest
0%
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• Ulla OtterstålUlla Otterstål Posts: 20subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Sounds like a good read! Will download the e-book. Thank you so much!
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 941administrator Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    It will teach you everything you need to know about pitch decks in a clear and easy to digest way, @Ulla Otterstål
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Tom AdamsTom Adams Posts: 70subscriber Bronze Level Member
    It will teach you everything you need to know about pitch decks in a clear and easy to digest way, @Ulla Otterst
    Thanks for sharing this book, I really hope it will be useful for me in the future 
  • charucharu Posts: 27subscriber Bronze Level Member
    No, I have not created a pitch deck
    It seems interesting. But i would like to know its benefits for business. 
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 941administrator Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    @charu, it's more for the start stage or for additional rounds of funding when you want to secure investors. It's a visual summary for potential investors, which lays out your business plan, team, projections, market research, etc. 

A well-done pitch deck can be very beneficial for your business when trying to secure funding. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Gregory101Gregory101 JacksonvillePosts: 51subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Yes, I have created a pitch deck
    A pitch deck is a short (max 10-12 slides) compelling narrative of your business that contains a clear plan for how investor funds will enable you to achieve your goals, and conveys that you have the ability to execute. Here’s a slide by slide look at what to include. 

• Mission — Give a clear one-sentence description of your startup’s reason for being.
    • Problem/Solution — Define the problem/customer pain point and how you are uniquely positioned to address it. 
    • Market Opportunity — Describe market size, structure and dynamics, and your potential customers.
    • Market Strategy — Explain your path to profitability, including key milestones, sales channels, customer acquisition costs, and partnerships/strategic alliances. 
    • Technology — Go over your unique value proposition: proprietary assets, your IP strategy, and how you will scale.
    • Competitive Landscape — Show that you understand the competitive dynamics.
    • Financials — Financial forecast with 3 years of revenue projections, underlying assumptions, and key business metrics plus your exit strategy.
    • Funding requirements —Size of your raise, valuation, future financing needs including capex; plus lead investors and investors’ ROI .
    • Management Team - Highlight domain expertise, track record, and significant accomplishments.
  • AenimaAenima USA, CaliforniaPosts: 12subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Sounds like a good read! Will download the e-book
  • projectionsfastprojectionsfast Wixom, MichiganPosts: 2subscriber Member
    Hey, Good to see the thread that discussed about pitch deck for business because I'm a financial planner and my work is, prepare investors decks, financial decks for businesses and start-ups. I'm new for this site and this is my first post ever. When I saw the thread could not stop my self to introduce to you all.
    I'm looking forward to get help each other to achieve our business goals together.
  • Urvi KashyapUrvi Kashyap Posts: 18subscriber Bronze Level Member
    hey,
    Doesnt the pitch deck and the B-Plan serve the same purpose then ? Infact B-plan chart is much easier to use and pitch. Just my cents, would love to discuss
  • David_C42DDavid_C42D Posts: 3subscriber Member
    Planning to
  • samDigitalmarketingsamDigitalmarketing NorwayPosts: 6subscriber Member
    Thanks for Creation this thread, I wanna plan for project Bidding , Do you have any suggestion ?