WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

starting an ebay business overseas.

callmecgcallmecg subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2006 in Selecting a Business
Hello all,
  I`m currently residing in Taiwan and am thinking of starting a small ebay business to supplement my income(possibly full time in the future).I am in the research stage at this point and am looking for basic start up info and suggestions for making this work.I have very little business knowage but worked in sales for quite a few years.As you know,almost everything under the sun is made in Taiwan but I have no idea how to aquire these products at a low price and sell them on ebay.I have a manufacturers lists but don`t know where to go from there.Any suggestions would be more than appeciated.
                                       Thanks in advance,
                                                    Colin Gcallmecg2006-8-23 4:18:56

Comments

• Options
    JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Colin,

I wish you much success with your business endeavor. I am just starting
    to do business with factories in China... promotional products and
    display materials.

It would be beneficial for you to determine what product you want to
    sell. Maybe you have a hobby and that may translate into a product.
    Best pricing of course for the most part depends on the quantity
    produced.

Maybe you can hook up with a manufacturer in Taiwan for a specific
    item, put in on an e-bay type site and gauge the interest. At first,
    maybe they will have inventory on the floor so you don`t have to invest
    in tooling, etc.

Let me know if I can help.

Jackede
  • Options
    callmecgcallmecg subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for all your advice! For now I will just keep it simple,build up a good rating,read a few Ebay how to books,and learn the basics.
    But I do have one more question.Am I at kind of advantage living in Taiwan and being able direct contact with wholesalers and maybe manufacturers?callmecg2006-8-25 1:53:25