WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Mac or PC which is more freelancer friendly?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mary_KeyMary_Key subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
  • Options
    Tim NollanTim Nollan subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
  • Options
    KalenamKalenam subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
    edited September 2019

I am not sure if mac is a better option but it seems to be a more popular one definitely. Anyway, I myself prefer windows machines as they are much more friendly to the customer in terms of price. For 2k$ I managed to build a desktop computer which is amazingly capable in terms of performance. For a mac os computer with a similar performance I'd have to waste much more money. Anyway, when it comes to laptops, things are getting a bit more complicated because macbooks are perfect in nearly every single aspect and even though prices are still a bit too high, I'd consider buying one. But I get used to windows already so I am about to choose a laptop from listing here, those are relatively cheap machines and I want to get one just to have a computer which is easy to carry around with me all the time.

• Options
    PulsarrPulsarr subscriber Posts: 89 Silver Level Member

I had this same mindset you have about macs; overpriced machines for people who want to show off, until I began developing for iOS. I was forced to buy a mac in 2012 and honestly, I am grateful that I did. I'll keep using the mac even if xcode is not exclusive to macOS, because the macs “just work” They are strong, durable and resilient, have constant updates and are very intuitive and easy to use. Sometimes I had some little problems with software, for example Yahoo redirect, but I easily fixed it with help from this guide https://retinamacapps.com/how-to-remove-yahoo-redirect-on-mac/ it was quite simple!