The FCC has decided to effectively end net neutrality. What does this mean for small business? Join the discussion here.

What industries should be included within the Sharing Economy?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 832administrator Site Admin
This is still something I am learning more about, and something relatively new in business. I know ride sharing companies such as Uber or Lyft, and hospitality startups such as Airbnb are included. But what other industries, and what other companies are a part of this so-called "Sharing Economy?" 
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Moderator
StartupNation, LLC

Best Answers

• rachelescorachelesco Posts: 7subscriber Member
    Accepted Answer
    Co-working & co-habitation spaces, peer-to-peer lending & crowdfunding, petsitting & babysitting/nanny/daycare are a few industries... 
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 832administrator Site Admin
    edited February 13 Accepted Answer
    Awesome, thank you @rachelesco. It is kind of the dog-walkers of the world and those turning side projects into hustles or gigs. It's quite a phenomenon. I wonder if it is here to stay or just a trend. it is surely trending upward, though. 

I think the transportation, distribution, communications and alternative funding (such as crowdfunding like you've mentioned) realms are becoming more and more deeply-rooted into the sharing economy. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Moderator
    StartupNation, LLC

Answers