Be sure to sign up for the StartupNation newsletter to stay up-to-date on small business and entrepreneurial news, trends and how-tos. As an added bonus, you will receive FREE instant access to the StartupNation Business Builder eBook series!

What industries should be included within the Sharing Economy?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 677administrator Site Admin
This is still something I am learning more about, and something relatively new in business. I know ride sharing companies such as Uber or Lyft, and hospitality startups such as Airbnb are included. But what other industries, and what other companies are a part of this so-called "Sharing Economy?" 
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Moderator
StartupNation, LLC

Best Answers

• rachelescorachelesco Posts: 7subscriber Member
    Accepted Answer
    Co-working & co-habitation spaces, peer-to-peer lending & crowdfunding, petsitting & babysitting/nanny/daycare are a few industries... 
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 677administrator Site Admin
    edited February 13 Accepted Answer
    Awesome, thank you @rachelesco. It is kind of the dog-walkers of the world and those turning side projects into hustles or gigs. It's quite a phenomenon. I wonder if it is here to stay or just a trend. it is surely trending upward, though. 

I think the transportation, distribution, communications and alternative funding (such as crowdfunding like you've mentioned) realms are becoming more and more deeply-rooted into the sharing economy. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Moderator
    StartupNation, LLC

Answers