WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Grant Business Competitions- over 35

OshunOshun subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Hello Everyone,

I have been researching various grant competitions for business and I find a disturbing trend. It seems as if a high percentage of these competitions are geared towards undergrad, recent grad, or entrepreneurs under the age of 35. I cannot even find opportunities at our own alma maters. My partner and I are both over the age of 40, why such a lack of interest in this group and where can I find competitions that do not completely lock us out merely because of age. 

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited February 2017
    @Oshun, StartupNation posted an article about small business grant competitions/programs back in August 2016. I have linked it below. Companies such as FedEx, Miller Lite, Chase Bank and more have upcoming contests. Most, if not all, just have a minimum age of 18 to 21, not a maximum age. The one caveat is that most of these are open to U.S. residents only, and I'm not sure where you're located. But I'm sure companies of similar stature around the world participate in grant competitions as well. 

Hope this helps! 

https://goo.gl/cKWrzn
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC