Startup Goals

Obie16Obie16 Michigan Posts: 22subscriber Bronze Level Member
What are your startup goals? How do you work to achieve them? 

Comments

• Stephen JaymesStephen Jaymes USAPosts: 6subscriber Member
    Goal #1 is to choose something I'm really passionate about. Then create flexible action plan of sorts. The challenging part is working through the "stuck" stages. That's why choosing a passionate goal/result is super important for me. It carries me through the rough times!
  • Obie16Obie16 Michigan Posts: 22subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Thanks, @Stephen Jaymes

I think passion makes sense, though a passion may not always be a profitable business idea. I agree that getting through obstacles is really important. Fighting through adversity is what makes a true entrepreneur.
  • coleticoncoleticon Posts: 5subscriber Member
    > @"Stephen Jaymes" said:
    > Goal #1 is to choose something I'm really passionate about.

Agreed. But I would even go further and say that my goal #1 is to do something I'm really passionate about and earn money with it! Otherwise, I could see it as a hobby. And I guess, that's why so many people are founding startups in the first place.
  • BrotherJBrotherJ Posts: 5subscriber Member
    Adding on to being passionate, you have to enjoy the process of working towards your end goal. If you're only interested in your end goal, I don't see anyone lasting long at what they do.
  • Obie16Obie16 Michigan Posts: 22subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Thanks for sharing, @BrotherJ and @coleticon! You both make valid points about not only passion, but respecting the process of entrepreneurship. 
  • CurtisMLeeCurtisMLee Posts: 34subscriber Bronze Level Member
    1. Mission: What is the enduring purpose of the venture?
    2. Long-term goal: What will this company look like in five years?
    3. Short-term goal: What frugal experiments must we make to reach our long-term goal?
  • Matt ShieldsMatt Shields Posts: 29subscriber Bronze Level Member
    I only have one reason to wake up to everyday: "It's never too late to find your purpose"  and this helps me push the boundaries of what is possible to achieve what I thought can't be accomplished. The journey goes on...