WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

HI, new to the forum

alanwhitfieldalanwhitfield subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2017 in New Member Welcome
HI,

I found this forum via a google search for new startups.

I have been making blogs for a while now and have been asked by friends how to set up a blog/site countless times -I would not say i am an expert by a long chalk, but I do have some guidance that I can offer people :)

So, I thought I would set up a site to do just that, to show people how to do it all! I know there are lots around doing that but there still seems a need as as I say I still get asked by people how to go about it.

I am thinking that in a new business forum there might be others who want to see how it is done, and thought it might be a good place to both help others out, and gain traffic to my blog and who knows!

My site is very much a work in progress, and would love some people to walk through it and 'critically critique' it so I can get it up and running as a fully fledged decent resource.

I do plan on getting affiliate links in there, but only to services that I use and buy, so trust, and why not get paid rather than just telling people to go there as I have done for a long time now.

My site is at www.alanwhitfield.co.uk - if anyone wants to check it out - and all feedback both around the site and my idea of this blog would be very much appreciated.

Pleased to meet you all and I look forward to reading all about your own individual business ideas.

Alan

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Welcome to the community, Alan!

I am not a designer or a developer, so I don;t have much to add in those areas. One suggestion I will make is that I noticed you have a free report called "Hobby Blogging Profits." That's great that you have created a report and are offering it for free, however, if you plan on building contact lists for newsletters, offers, content, etc., you should have that content gated. By that I simply mean ask users to enter their email before they have access to the report. That way you capture their email address for future blasts.

Additionally, we actually have a Website Critique forum, where you can feel free to post your website and ask for feedback there: website-critique/

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC