HI, new to the forum

alanwhitfieldalanwhitfield Posts: 2subscriber
edited January 2017 in New Member Welcome
HI,

I found this forum via a google search for new startups.

I have been making blogs for a while now and have been asked by friends how to set up a blog/site countless times -I would not say i am an expert by a long chalk, but I do have some guidance that I can offer people :)

So, I thought I would set up a site to do just that, to show people how to do it all! I know there are lots around doing that but there still seems a need as as I say I still get asked by people how to go about it.

I am thinking that in a new business forum there might be others who want to see how it is done, and thought it might be a good place to both help others out, and gain traffic to my blog and who knows!

My site is very much a work in progress, and would love some people to walk through it and 'critically critique' it so I can get it up and running as a fully fledged decent resource.

I do plan on getting affiliate links in there, but only to services that I use and buy, so trust, and why not get paid rather than just telling people to go there as I have done for a long time now.

My site is at www.alanwhitfield.co.uk - if anyone wants to check it out - and all feedback both around the site and my idea of this blog would be very much appreciated.

Pleased to meet you all and I look forward to reading all about your own individual business ideas.

Alan

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 1,015administrator Site Admin
    Welcome to the community, Alan!

I am not a designer or a developer, so I don;t have much to add in those areas. One suggestion I will make is that I noticed you have a free report called "Hobby Blogging Profits." That's great that you have created a report and are offering it for free, however, if you plan on building contact lists for newsletters, offers, content, etc., you should have that content gated. By that I simply mean ask users to enter their email before they have access to the report. That way you capture their email address for future blasts.

Additionally, we actually have a Website Critique forum, where you can feel free to post your website and ask for feedback there: website-critique/

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC