WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Which Social media channel is best for business promotion ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BizsortBizsort subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    personally for me its LinkedIn, Google+, twitter not fan of Facebook (not for B2B in my opinion)
  • Options
    ShreyaKoushikShreyaKoushik subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member
    I personally prefer Facebook and Twitter for my website and product promotion. These social media platforms are very effective and helpful to promote your brand on the web and also helpful to generate more real user engagement on your site.  
  • Options
    gambitgambit subscriber Posts: 31 Bronze Level Member
    For me best of the best is Facebook! There are so many opportunities oh!
  • Options
    GingerRabbitGingerRabbit subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Definitely Twitter. Hashtags are huge.
  • Options
    CarlbrewsterCarlbrewster subscriber Posts: 160 Silver Level Member
    Anything could work for you it only depends on how you target your audience, if you able to target right audience then you definitely get good leads.
  • Options
    Melvin JacobhMelvin Jacobh subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Hey when it comes to local business the best to reach your target audience will be by creating a Facebook  business page and also by doing Facebook advertising. In this modern world each and everyone has a Facebook account so it will be much more easier for you select and target the right audience.
  • Options
    dlmillidlmilli subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    > @Bill_Su said:
    > Unfortunately, you probably need to provide more information for us fully understand the best social media platform for your case.
    >
    > The best social media platform varies depending on what kind of business objective you want to accomplish (are you trying to bring more people to book your minicab on your website? Or are you trying to engage with your current customers? Or are you just trying to do it for branding? etc. etc.)
    >
    > But just based on what we have, you should probably consider Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. 
    >
    > Facebook: It is probably one of the most popular social media platforms. It also provides a very accurate targeting mechanism for you to target people of specific geographic region, age, gender, and interests. To be honest, my intuition is that Facebook will be your best social media platform, but don't want to say anything without proof of data. 
    >
    > The problem for Facebook is that it is increasingly becoming a pay-to-play platform now at it continuously change its news feed algorithm make it harder for businesses to reach target audiences without paying anything. If you have some marketing cash to spend, definitely try out Facebook. 
    >
    > Twitter: Twitter is another great option. The way it works is that you send out 140 charactered short phrases with some hashtags (#) that define the category of the message. It also provides a fairly expansive analytics and targeting function for advertising. 
    >
    > The problem of Twitter is that 140 characters is very restrictive in convey meaningful information. So people usually just tweet out links to articles or pictures or infographics.  There are also a lot of noises around finding your target audiences on twitter since your first few hundreds of followers are probably going to be companies trying to sell you stuffs. 
    >
    > Google +: I confess that I personally do not have a lot of experience with G+ but from what I read and heard it is a fairly robust social media platform that you can build a fair number of following on if you have good contents consistently. Being on G+ for business can also help you with getting found on Google Map and search results, so definitely create a G+ for business profile if you haven't. 
    >
    > The problem of Google + is that it has only half of registered users as Facebook or Twitter. People are also not as active on there as Facebook or Twitter. It is definitely an emerging platform and you might not get a lot of immediate benefits from it. 
    >
    > Okay, lastly, I think the biggest success determinant of social media is not the platform you use. Choose one or two and just get started. The challenge is to consistently deliver unique, insightful, and compelling contents to people every day. 
    >
    > In the beginning, everything is going to start very slowly and only will pick up after a month or so, the key is not getting frustrated and be persistent. 
    >
    > Another important part of implementing a successful social media marketing strategy is to continuously test things out and use actual data to see which channel works the best for you. I know FB and Twitter have good analytics features, probably Google Plus to. Do look at those analytics and see what type of posts perform the best in terms of engagements and impressions, and make more of those posts. 
    >
    > It's probably also helpful to figure out a way to measure impacts of your social media efforts to your actual business. If you have a website, implement Google Analytics and check where people are coming from. If you don't simply shoot your customers a survey and ask them what social media platform they use or how did they hear about your business. 
    >
    > Whelp, sorry for the long post, there are just a lot of things here in social media marketing. Anyway, feel free to ping me either via reply or through personal message if you have any questions. I can whip up a list of contents for you to read more about if you think that's helpful :D. 

Beat me to the punch, I think @"Natalie M" is spot on.

The value of social media platforms varies by geography and who your target customer is. So some homework is required. One approach is to find your target customer and follow them on the various platforms. By observing how they use social media, you can learn how to reach them through those same channels.
  • Options
    salenadamsalenadam subscriber Posts: 99 Silver Level Member
    Some Social media channel is best for business promotion :
    Yelp
    YouTube
    Pinterest

• Options
    Garry sGarry s subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    There are many kinds of social networking site choose the best according to your business.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Facebook
    YouTube
    Pinterest
    LinkedIn - If you are in a B2B field, this is the social media network for you to focus on.
  • Options
    robinsontwilliamrobinsontwilliam subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Linkedin
    Linkedin provides an easy to implement tool for acquiring leads. For a B2B startup, maintaining a flow of quality leads is what you need for growth.
  • Options
    seodevelop1seodevelop1 subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member
    There are many social marketing channels available in the internet. You can use all social media channels for business promotions.

Mostly Facebook and Twitter are the best for promoting any type of business.
  • Options
    Urvi KashyapUrvi Kashyap subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    It entirely depends on the type of business.
    For B2B, you can use LinkedIn, for connecting with customers use facebook. For connecting through media, use instagram, for connecting through queries, use quora
  • Options
    genesisrenewcreamgenesisrenewcream subscriber Posts: 10 Member
    LinkedIn is the best Social media channel for business promotion.
  • Options
    Kuldeep singhKuldeep singh subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

Thanks for sharing this such a helpful content. It is really helpful and informative. I also share this information with my friends.