WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Sales tax & Taxation questions for e commerce business

SmartyJonesSmartyJones subscriber Posts: 8
edited December 2016 in E-Commerce
Ok... I finally know what business I am starting. I am getting beyond the initial excitement of starting my own business, now I am actually getting into the reality of everything it takes to get started. Figuring out everything involved with "taxation" has been a HUGE headache.....

My home business will be 100% e-commerce, I live in Texas & I am a sole proprietor. I know that I have to collect sales tax when I make a sale within the state of Texas. I also know that sales tax collected in the state of Texas has to be paid monthly or quarterly. Here are my questions:

Will my product be tax free to the other lower 47 states?
Do I need a EIN number?
I still have a regular job, when filing my taxes at the end of the year, do I file my taxes together (business & regular job)?

I would really love to speak to some experienced entrepreneurs who could give me advice & information on this matter. My name is Dustin, my email is <!-- e -->curlincurlin@yahoo.com<!-- e -->. Send me an email, maybe we can chat through email or swap numbers & chat briefly. I'm not on this site as much as I'd like to be but I do check my email ALL day long. I hope to hear from some people who can help. Thanks!