WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Intellectual property and Production Rights

krltptpkrltptp subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2016 in Protecting Your Ideas
I would like to start up a business to manufacture and sell a medical product. However, i am not sure about is this product also developed by another company, and intellectual property and selling rights are held by them? Where can i look that ?

Let's say i would like to manufacture and sell a GLASS. But i do my own design.
How can I check that is there any company holding patent or manufacturing and selling licenses of any GLASS in my business region ? And what happens if a company holds selling license of the GLASS, and I manufacture and sell my GLASS ?
How can my GLASS can violate the other GLASS selling rights, if it is my design ?

I would like to make a marketing search about the product and see how can we work out. I just need to know how can find these informations. Thanks.

Comments

• Raza-AssociatesRaza-Associates subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    You can ask Intellectual property organization of your country to search for relevant product names in their registered data and these selling rights only violated if you sell the same product with the same name or package, If the name of product and packaging is different then no one can stop you from selling it.