WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

From Local to Global

smalltoglobalsmalltoglobal subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2009 in Marketing
My wife and I have a self serve car wash that we have ran for about 16 months now. Things are going well, and we feel as though we have a good grasp on our customer wants and needs. We have marketed according to that and have been successful.

Hopefully by the end of the month, we will be opening our first online company. My question is: How do I move forward with marketing my company? I need to figure out how to get my head around global marketing. I have read and listened to quite a few things, but I want to hear from people that have used and implemented what I would call global marketing.

Thanks!
smalltoglobal1/29/2009 11:57 AM

Comments

• Options
    MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    I`m assuming that the online company is separate from the car wash business, right? What is the mission of your online business? What problem is it looking to solve?
  • Options
    I guess I wasn`t clear. It is NOT an online self serve car wash

I was mentioning the car wash more in reference to how I have focused my marketing efforts locally, and now I have to do a 180 and think globally instead of locally.

Sorry about the confusion, my bad.
    smalltoglobal1/29/2009 3:54 PM
  • Options
    profits4idiotsprofits4idiots subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree with Craig and BoldPrint. Start off by getting a good site running and attracting as many potential customers as possible. Then, give them coupons that can be downloaded so that they would have good reasons to go to your car wash.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great replies!

This new business that we are starting is not related to the auto or auto car industry at all. My ONLY intention for mentioning it was to convey where my marketing focus has been i.e. a local 10 mile radius of my car wash location.

The new biz is not constricted by geography and that is why I am looking for marketing tips. My target market is young married couples 18-38. The great thing about the service I am going to offer, is that it is applicable to anyone anywhere. I hate being so cryptic, but the site is going to launch in the next week hopefully. At that time, I will post a link and see if I can`t get some critiquing from the great minds here at SuN!