WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Now we're talkin'!

JeffitupJeffitup subscriber Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in New Member Welcome
:) This is a great forum from what I can tell and I am definitely looking forward to gleaning some valuable insights off of you more experienced business masterminds.

As for myself, I'm a writer and solopreneur. I live in Costa Rica and am currently working to drum up business for my new site www.jobsonparade.com. It is a simple, effective job board that I'm sure will appeal to plenty of recruiters and job seekers.

Once I get things moving with Jobs on Parade, I plan on delving into video game development and putting together my own games for Android and iOS.

It's pretty exciting to see that there are actual communities of hustlers on the web that are not completely closed off to novices like me.

Thanks for existing and please let me know if you have any tips for making a web business work.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Welcome to the community!

You are correct. This community is full of hustlers, entrepreneurs, small business owners, startup owners/workers and a lot more. There at people at every level of the startup process, from beginners to established entrepreneurs. As long as you can abide by the Community Guidelines, you'll fit right in here!
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the welcome Ryan. Are there any particular forum activities you feel I should take part in?
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I think there are multiple forums that will be beneficial for you to look at it. It just depends on what you're most interested in. My best advice would be to peruse the Parent Forums and subforums that most appeal to you.

Business Planning, Selecting a Business, Marketing, Funding, and Managing your Business are all popular. There is also a brand new forum we've recently released called Business Operations, and that has many subforums as well. I would like the community to get the ball rolling in there.

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Business ConsultantsBusiness Consultants subscriber Posts: 45 Bronze Level Member
    Hi, Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to share and gain experience :)
  • Options
    RizAseemRizAseem subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

My name is Riz -- I'm a newbie here and just going through the responses on your 'intro' thread tells me I have a lot to learn.

Outstanding resource here and I hope to learn a lot from other members here who have been a part of these forums for some time.

- Riz
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks Riz and Business Consultants! I'll be lurking on here for a while before I pluck up the courage to post much of anything. I guess I mostly want to have something of value to add. :)

Thanks again Ryan, I'll check out "Business Operations" in a second.