WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Chemical Services Company Website

AxionAxion subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2008 in Website Critique
I am new to the forums and when I found this particular part of the forums I had to sign up. 
My website exists mostly to generate new leads, and I expect this to be a small part of my business (I mostly work off old contacts and networking now).  I use google`s adwords service which generates 2 to 3 clicks per day.  For now this is about the only way I expect to generate traffic.  I get occasional direct hits or from people who are searching for my company.  I have not worked on getting my company to come up on it`s own in searches and I imagine that is a long and repetitive process. 
I would love some feedback on my site.  I work in a very specialized area of the chemical industry so what I actually do may not make any sense to some of you, but I would appreciate any feedback at all especially thoughts on aesthetics, navigatibility, organization etc. It`s worth pointing out that 2-3 clicks per day only translates to a phone call every other week and I have never gotten an email inquiry.  If any of you have thoughts on that specifically or what I could do to increase contact I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Bryon
www.axionconnections.com

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Your website is compact and easy to navigate, but you really need an "About Us" page to bolster your qualifications to do this service for the clients.You could also add some meta-tags (keywords and description) to bring your page ranking up.On the Google Adwords - are the click-through`s qualified prospects?
    Hope this helps...
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Some basic SEO on your pages would make a huge difference; there are several things you could do in this area for better search results.
    Visually, your text could be a bit larger, it is somewhat hard to read.
  • Options
    SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Byron just visited your site and I would agree on Steve about the meta tags and the description if you want your site to be a SEO friendly.
    The appearance of your site looks too simple. Maybe adding some design and background to make it look better and try to center your page.