WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Stalled..........

2»

Comments

• Options
    mothercaresmothercares subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,
              Thanks for your insight, advice and suggestions. Some of your offerings I had not given much thought to until now. I will have to dust off the old Business Plan and start doing some reassessments.

Please feel free to continue dropping any and all information you think would be useful to me I appreciate all comments even those I don`t agree with..........even those get me thinking.

Michelle
  • Options
    SenatorSenator subscriber Posts: 0
    I think all of us who are starting up feel your pain. Obviously, you`ve discovered that cold calling si a waste of time. You need to get the word out on a much larger scale. Here are four books that I`m finding very useful. (I know what you`re saying: I don`t have time to read. I`d make some time to get caught up to new ways of doing things and technology). The books are: Selling the Invisible, by Harry Beckwith; The 4-Hour Workweek, by Timothy Ferriss; and, Never Cold Call Again and Selling Sucks, both by Frank Rambauskas. You can also check out their websites for starters. These will give you lots of ideas and get you caught up to 2007 so you NEVER HAVE TO COLD CALL AGAIN!

Karl Jahnke
    HRO Associates, LLC
    Surprise,AZ
  • Options
    ProfDavidProfDavid subscriber Posts: 2
    I agree. The major challenge these days is to stay committed and determined. Sometimes it takes many phone calls to get through to the person you need and even more to reach a decision. I always recall the story of James Dyson, the UK based entrepreneur, (its an urban myth now) who had to approach scores of investors before one would show any interest in his product - it went on to be a great success. Stick with it.
    This whole personality thing led to the creation of my business, especially our www.21stcenturyentrepreneurs.co.uk product. This is all about you and your personal development.We help people to identify what they are good at, and often most importantly what they will do that could lead to costly bottom line errors.
    Running a business creates massive demands upon us as people - we have to grow along with the business.
    I hope this helps
    David
  • Options
    kkrafts58kkrafts58 subscriber Posts: 12
    Why not market them in a different way.  Emergency kits, campgrounds, major hotel chains (but not the gift shops). How about wholesale for gift basket companies? They`d be great for baby shower gifts with a tag that says keep in glove compartment of car. Also, how about movie theaters, or your local pediatrician.
    karen
  • Options
    UrbanMeltUrbanMelt subscriber Posts: 2
    I, too, am in b2b sales.  I don`t consider myself an expert...these are just some ideas.  If you are not already, try networking.  See if you can get your chamber of commerce or anyone else in local business to get you an introduction to business owners.  Talk to everyone you know.  So many people are only a couple of degrees away from the people you want to talk to.  Maybe give a sample of your product, and allow the business owner to compare your product to others they already carry.