WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The "Rough Draft" Prototype

MaxibillionMaxibillion subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
edited September 2016 in Developing Your Invention
Before you can approach somebody to professionally create your prototype, you're going to have to make a model of it yourself. It can be as messy and as rudimentary as you want. It just has to get the idea across. I created my first prototype with two paint rollers with the handle and roll part smashed off, a velcro strap, pvc pipe, industrial adhesive and tape. Lots and lots of tape. This is often the most fun part of the inventing process because it is all based around being creative and thinking outside of the box. There are no rules, you can do whatever you want to make the prototype!

-Max
Learn what experts are calling the investment of the century... for FREE
https://maxkosmalski.sendlane.com/view/ ... ment-guide

Comments

• AdSharkPressAdSharkPress subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    I totally agree with @Maxibillion . The prototype is proof that your idea works. We have been developing our prototype for a few months now. Many changes to the way things work and revisions that showed us a better way. Thats the whole point of a prototype. You get to "cut and paste" until you get it right.
  • BBBB subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Once you have the right prototype how do you find a manufacturer and create a successful partnership with them>