What are your favorite ways to unwind after a long work day?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 978administrator Site Admin
edited October 2016 in Watercooler Talk
Hello,

As one member pointed out, the 'Watercooler Talk" forum isn't as lively as the others. So, I wanted to ask you all a question. What is your favorite way to unwind after a long day of work or on a day off, if you ever have one of those? How do you relax? What do you do to stay active?
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• Charlie PCharlie P Posts: 89subscriber Silver Level Member
    Besides house maintaining, I like to play online poker. It helps me relax while still running numbers in my head to stay sharp.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 978administrator Site Admin
    Hi, Charlie:

Those are some good ways to unwind. I notice you are quite active in this forum. Do you own a business yourself? Are you looking to start one? Are you working for somebody else? Please, fill me in!
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Charlie PCharlie P Posts: 89subscriber Silver Level Member
    Ryan,

I'm a salaried wage slave as a way to pay the bills and gain experience, but I do own a very small body jewelry sales business. I've been working on building the body jewelry business up, but it's a crowded space. I've also been working on a real estate investment firm, but that one is still just on the whiteboard being thought through. Through life I have tended to be the helper/facilitator more than anything, so this has given me a place to help others work through some of their questions and pain points. I grew up pretty rough and had to hustle to feed myself growing up, so I usually have a different perspective than most and that comes in handy when helping people work through their ideas.
  • Business ConsultantsBusiness Consultants Posts: 45subscriber Bronze Level Member
    edited October 2016
    Going for a swim or relaxing in the park are my favourites.

Accountants and Auditors in Qatar
    http://www.hlbqatar.com
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 978administrator Site Admin
    Charlie P wrote:
    Ryan,

I'm a salaried wage slave as a way to pay the bills and gain experience, but I do own a very small body jewelry sales business. I've been working on building the body jewelry business up, but it's a crowded space. I've also been working on a real estate investment firm, but that one is still just on the whiteboard being thought through. Through life I have tended to be the helper/facilitator more than anything, so this has given me a place to help others work through some of their questions and pain points. I grew up pretty rough and had to hustle to feed myself growing up, so I usually have a different perspective than most and that comes in handy when helping people work through their ideas.

Great to know. You've been very active, and helpful, to this community, so I just wanted to get to know you a little bit better. Keep it up!
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    Going for a swim or relaxing in the park are my favourites.

Thanks for sharing! I think it is important to have a work-life balance.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • abdelrhmanabdelrhman Posts: 35subscriber Bronze Level Member
    After a long day in the work may be hitting the gym will be amazing decision besides doing online issues :)
    Special Discount - 50% For SN Members for Logos , Banners , Website Designs , Business Cards
    www.webpixiee.com
    abdelrhman wrote:
    After a long day in the work may be hitting the gym will be amazing decision besides doing online issues :)

Nice! I also enjoy hitting the gym to relieve stress. Sometimes, though, I find I have a lack of motivation to do so after a draining day at work. I'm relatively good about it, but I would like to do it a couple more days per week..
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • abdelrhmanabdelrhman Posts: 35subscriber Bronze Level Member
    abdelrhman wrote:

Nice! I also enjoy hitting the gym to relieve stress. Sometimes, though, I find I have a lack of motivation to do so after a draining day at work. I'm relatively good about it, but I would like to do it a couple more days per week..

Great! But couple days is not enough I hit it about 5 days a week :D
    Special Discount - 50% For SN Members for Logos , Banners , Website Designs , Business Cards
    www.webpixiee.com