WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New & need some help & advice!

SmartyJonesSmartyJones subscriber Posts: 8
edited September 2016 in New Member Welcome
Hello to all the entrepreneurs & upcoming entrepreneurs out there! My name is Dustin & I live in a suburb of Houston Tx called Pearland. I am NOT currently a entrepreneur yet (I work in the Chemical Industry) but I'm hoping to be in business for myself within a year or so.
Many successful entrepreneurs grew up in the family business, inherited the business or started their own business after learning the ropes from the family business; Many successful entrepreneurs have successful people in their corner who showed them how to start & run a business in the form of a close friend, family member and/or entrepreneurs that they know, etc. etc. I'm the guy who has NONE of the above & I have to do everything 100% by myself in order to make it. That's what led me to this site :D
Although I'm not sure what direction I want to go in (not sure if I want to by a business for sale, buy a franchise, or start my own business), I definitely have the drive, dedication, determination & passion to be successful at whatever I choose to do.
What I am looking for is like minded individuals in & around the Houston area who I may be able to link up with, talk with & brain storm with. Not only that, maybe I can be linked up with business owners who may want to help guide me in the right direction. Basically, I am looking for any help, information and/or advice that may benefit me. Also looking for business opportunities in & around the Houston area.
Thanks!

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, Dustin.

Welcome to the community! I think you'll find this forum to be beneficial. There are thousands and thousands of registered users and relevant topics throughout our platform. Be sure to check out startupnation.com as well, as we publish fresh content daily about the best tips, strategies, marketing efforts, advice, etc. on small business and entrepreneurship.

I am confident StartupNation will be helpful to you regarding your endeavors. I hope you are able to connect with somebody locally, also!

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC