WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Startup Progress

stanakinesstanakines subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Business Planning
New member here

To summon it up 2 months ago i decided to start my online startup https://cvchecks.net/ i decided to leave the corporate scene because i feel like i never belong there, too much chip chap, too much petty fight over nothing and above all contributing to someone else dream.

Netherless to say i lack many skills specially in IT ,Marketing and writing (English is not my main language). even though i am seeing some little progress since the past days but nothing drastic. My main questions will be:

- How to gain more skills in Marketing or IT (Books or Websites or whatever means)
-Is there any website where i could hire some trainee who might help in the skills i lack.
- A mentor is always a great thing to have regargind motivation or teaching. Any website where i could exchange with some?

Thank you very much in advance

Stanakine

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hello, Stanakine:

There are several sites, a lot of which are free, where you can get certified in certain marketing efforts. For instance, Google Analytics offers an academy where you can earn a certification online in things like Google Analytics Fundamentals, Google Analytics Platform Principles, Google Tag Manager and more. HubSpot offers free certification courses on inbound marketing, email marketing and more.

In regards to your second question, there are several freelance sites where you can find people who specialize in certain skills. A lot of the time, you can find workers for relatively cheap on websites like fiverr.com. Other platforms to find freelancers or full-time job seekers include Upwork, Guru, iFreelance or even Craig's List.

If you're looking for a mentor, I would recommend checking out the following companies' websites: FounderDating, MicroMentor and SCORE Mentoring, among others.

I hope this was helpful!

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC