WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Abundance of Natural Spring Water - Seeking Ideas & Advice

The_Water_GuyThe_Water_Guy subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Thought Leadership
Hey all,
I recently graduated from business school, landed a gig in finance and I could not want more out. I am looking to take a different path and be my own boss instead of working for someone else.

A family member and I are looking to start a company - something water related and are welcoming all ideas and opinions.

Our family owns a house in upstate NY and on the property is a natural spring (already tested by a hydrologist and good to go) which has a flow rate of 50 Gallons/Min ~ 72,000 g/day ~ 26.2 M a year.

We have had this spring for over 15 years and thought we might as well do something with it. Some ideas that we had were:

- water bottling plant with our business model being 1FOR1 Water essentially buy one/give one

- Some sort of not for profit

- Disaster relief -- a lot going on in Flint MI, California droughts, Texas, impoverished areas

The water is essentially free. There are so many people across the united states without access to clean drinking water. The numbers are scary. What do you think we should do with it? Any realistic business ideas?

If you guys have any thoughts or ideas and would like to share them we would really appreciate it!
Thanks