WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

ANOTHER NEW WEBSITE

NancysmithNancysmith subscriber Posts: 4
edited February 2007 in Website Critique
Hello everyone, I took a little advice from each of you and made a new website, I think it turned out well, what do you think?
www.nancysvacationsite.com

Comments

• DDEnterprizesDDEnterprizes subscriber Posts: 0
    Very nice site Nancy, loaded fast and looks great. Best of luck to you!!
    Derrick
    www.stockmysite.com
  • NancysmithNancysmith subscriber Posts: 4
    I would like to know what browser you are using? I have my Internet Explorer as well as firefox like you suggested. What, if you know, can I do to correct the problem? Nancysmith2007-2-27 0:57:59
  • DanaeDanae subscriber Posts: 5
    Hi Nancy,
    I like the color scheme and the pictures.  I agree with the others that it`s too wide.  I see you used a Microsoft theme.  Do you know how to edit the HTML code by hand?  If so, go to the first table tag where it says width="1112" and change it to something smaller.  The whole home page looks too stretched out to me, anyway.  Notably, a couple of the pictures look like they`re being forced to be wider than they really are.
    I think you could also make the text under the pictures not be double-spaced, and that would help.
    Another suggetion: your subheadline "I specialize in package deals" was disappointing to me.  I only saw the "I specialize in" part at first (I had to scroll right to read it all), and after seeing the dolphin/moon picture, I was expecting it to say something more exotic.  "Package deals" just sounds so prosaic.  Maybe something like "Your dream vacation on a silver platter."  That suggests that it`s the whole package, but it sounds much cooler.
  • ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    The images are quite pixelated, and I didn`t have the same experience with load time - took some time for any page to load up, but perhaps it`s simply a temporary issue.There`s nothing inherently wrong with designing for a larger resolution if you`re confident (from your analytics) that most users are accessing it using that higher resolution (I don`t think you need to know that 100% of any audience is at a certain resolution, it`s about the tradeoff between the design you want and the needs of most of your users). If the majority of your visitors are on 800x600 resolution, you probably want to accommodate them, but hopefully we`re moving toward the day where 1024 becomes the new 800.