WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Online store!

ashsummerashsummer subscriber Posts: 33 Bronze Level Member
edited June 2016 in Business Planning
Hi folks! I am selling fashion jewelry on ebay and would like to have a store of my own. I need you help! I've already picked an attractive template (one of these http://www.templatemonster.com/moto-cms-3-templates.php ). Do you think a stand-alone site is a good idea?

Comments

• Natasha_WilliamsNatasha_Williams subscriber Posts: 1
    An online store seems to be great idea, because it will allow you to increase your presence on the web and to tell your customers more about your company and your product. The tamplate that you showed looks great. But also you need to remember that there are a lot of other things which you will need in order to get a fully functional eCommerce resource, for instance, website hosting, domain name, website theme installation, website customization, etc.

So I would recommend you to use some integrated solution that will provide you with multiple services in one solution. It is very helpful, especially for startups, because it allows to save time and money. I am aware of one service called Browuse. It is an online website builder that provides website hosting, Magento installation, automatic website theme installation, unlimitted e-mail accounts. These are features I was interested there are some other, but you can read about them on your own on their website. Also, if i am not mistaken, they offer 2 months free trial, so it is a great chance for you to test everything and to see how it will go for you.

Also, if you want your website to be successful do not foeget about SEO and other marketing tools. It is important not just to build a website, but to promote it as well.
  • DaljeetkaurDaljeetkaur subscriber Posts: 2
    ashsummer wrote:
    Hi folks! I am selling fashion jewelry on ebay and would like to have a store of my own. I need you help! I've already picked an attractive template (one of these http://www.templatemonster.com/moto-cms-3-templates.php ). Do you think a stand-alone site is a good idea?

Having a standalone website has its own benefits like you will get your own admin area and a separate place to showcase your products online. Also, you will get more exposure for your products with your business name. If you start with a small and do not have much products to display then you can go with a multi vendor eCommerce website where you can add multiple merchants of your area into your online store who are selling different accessories . You can start by investing a small amount in Yokart eCommerce solution that allows you setup a website in $250 with follwing benefits:
    An intuitive interface
    A highly secure system
    Multi vendor capabilities
    Multiple stores for those vendors
    Real time shipping cost calculator
    All orders are split and consolidated for shopping carts with products from multiple vendors
    Most SEO is completely automated
    Divide customer into groups based on buying behavior
    an Android app

Check its startup package here: http://www.yo-kart.com/multi-store-mark ... artup.html
  • annetannet subscriber Posts: 3
    Have you thought about starting out with an e-commerce CMS like Prestashop? I think it's the best option for small stores like yours.
    Online marketing assistant for Japan Rail Pass official vendor. Discover Japan by train!
  • murphysbathsoapsmurphysbathsoaps subscriber Posts: 1
    Regarding an online store. how do you plan on driving traffic to it? You will need traffic that is going to buy and do you know anything about bounce rates? I have an online store and I am having issues attracting buyers. I am curious as to your plan and if any of your solutions could also be of benefit to me.
  • MichaelBucklesMichaelBuckles subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    Yes, it's a great idea to start your own online store.
    You already have an eBay store that also help you bring website traffic initially. Create a nice website and promote your stuff online on different social networks such as Facebook, Instagram,Pinterest etc.
    Subscribe http://zanrafy.com to get useful tips to increase customer traffic