WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

any one willing to give me some tips?

BowmanPurifiersBowmanPurifiers subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Marketing
hello,
i posted a bulletin not too long ago and never got any feedback and was hopeing to try it again, i just started a new bussiness and was wondering where i should market my product... so far i have thought of real estate agents and small gym such as curves... any one else have any ideas?

thanks again!!

Comments

• Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Greg - not knowing or ever hearing of EcoQuest International, I did a quick review of their website. I know of the technology in most of their products. These are not products that the everyday "Joe" will understand readily. Some may even call you a "snake oil" salesman. Even though the EcoQuest International website does not mention prices, I suspect these products do not fall in the Wally World price range. Ergo, I believe you will need to target a higher-end clientele.
    Maybe choose one of your best selling product(s) and try some targeted marketing in some periodicals (high-end real estate magazines, higher income life style magazines - etc. - think Sharper Image type ads) with an audience whose household income and education will eliminate some of the front-end barriers. Some folks will understand these products, the majority will not. You can`t spend your time explaining each product to everyone and expect to do well in your endeavor - IMHO.
    Maybe choose one product and do a half-page infomercial in your major newspaper. Consistency is key in this method. Newspapers are hurting with subscribers and their advertising rates are dropping - a good deal for you. Yes, they are loosing subscribers to online news, but the audience you are seeking are still newspaper readers. Worth a try and a test for a month or two.
    Maybe direct mail to this target market. Keep in mind you will not get great results unless you plan for the long haul with DM. Make it a campaign and track and measure the entire way.
    Don`t try too many things at once - you`ll get off focus. I don`t know what you paid for this "dealership" - I`m sure there was some hype involved - but you can make it work if you believe passionately in it and develop a marketing plan that you can afford and execute.
    Wish you the best!
    R@keycon2006-11-10 22:44:23