WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to make money from a Seminar?

BootonGroupBootonGroup subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2007 in Thought Leadership
I have developed several excellent seminars on the topic of Outsourcing.  They have been well received from several different groups.
I would like to expand this to a full time money making enterprise.   How do I do this?   Are there companies that "book" people to attend a seminar?  Is there companies that will book the attendance and we can share the revenue?Thanks for any advice or help.

Comments

• Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    cartess3, the similar links are intriguing but how many can truly become so successful?  Many seminar speakers boast similar successes but in reality they`re broke - No money down RE comes to mind.I may be blaze, but I don`t even watch free webcast seminars offered by hi tech businesses.Ads are always more glorious than reality, IMHO.
  • BootonGroupBootonGroup subscriber Posts: 1
    Cartess.,...thanks for the information.   I will definitely check out Webinars and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again.
  • Wirehead321Wirehead321 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I have also created a seminar on business development.  What I have done is talked to local business development councils in my area and I am working with two of them that want to give a class in business development for new business in the area. And they are paying me a fee to teach the class. This is an untaped market. I use to write white papers and give seminars at major shows, but they are few and far between, plus the expense of travel, and low turn out. Mostly no business after. Now I find dealing local,give me anaudience who wants to hear my message, most local groups do all the adverstising, and I make money if a business wants sign up for business services. Try this for a start let me know how you make out.
    Wirehead3212007-2-8 17:23:39
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    you might want to begin to build a "name" by registering a federal trademark - and protect the content with copyright registrations.