WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Sole Prop to LLC- getting funding separate from SSN

Majack3Majack3 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in Startup Funding
Hello all- I am a real estate agent and have been in business for a couple of years but as a sole prop. I just registered my LLC and had some questions as I try to build my business credit separate from my own. So far I have gotten my EIN number, registered with D & B, set up a corporate 1800 number that matches my business name routes to my cell phone (registered that with 411), set up a business e mail that has my domain and set up my business checking account. But I feel like there is so much to do and I am swimming trying to do it correctly so I don't have to connect my social and personally guarantee the financing
I opened my business entity with my personal address when I registered with the state- I read that all addresses need to be professional and report the same information- I am assuming I now need to change this and have them all match?
Do I need to personally register with additional credit reporting agencies like I did with DUNs?
I have been in business for 3 years- can I backtrack my credit experience with vendors?
I work with a lot of local business owners for my business- such as accountants, business coaches, social media etc. How can I get them to show on my credit report as vendor accounts to build my Net30?
Do I really need a website? I work under a large firm and there are regulations against marketing myself on my own website without listing the brokerage on the website. I was reading that lenders will often turn you down 50 percent of the time if you don't have a website that is connected to your business- I am listed on the corporate website for my firm but the firm name is obviously not my business name..
Can I list my name as a DBA? Maybe that would be a way to connect all of the dots between what I have done thus far and this business? Because when you look my name up you will find me working at a different company than the industry I am reporting..
Are there any other tips and tricks you know of to start this process? From my understanding I need 5 Net30 accounts, then once I have those I can go into department stores and try to get credit accounts, then about 6 months afterwards I can start going to American Express etc.
Is there any way to make this transition easier?