WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Client as investor?

SthlmSUPSthlmSUP subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Growth Funding
I was curious if anyone had any experience (good or bad) or if not have any advice for a situation I am in.

My business is 14 months old, bootstrapped it to cash flows and one of our bigger clients is making a play for us and really wants to acquire us. We are in no position to sell with a good valuation as we really just became operational. What I was thinking to do was to lock them up to a two year revenue deal - which in exchange for meeting certain revenue milestones they would receive an equity stake (5-10%).

It would really lock up the best client in the industry and put them well on the path for a future buyout (my 4-5 year goal). Having $4M in guaranteed revenues over the next two years would be a huge benefit for us. Would allow us to skip future funding. Thoughts?

Does this sound crazy/plausible/scary/smart?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GMFGMF subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    <div>I saw your posting and thought I would reach out to you.</div><div>
    I think I may be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Best Regards,</div><div>
    </div><div>Gary </div><div>gmfox3@gmail.com</div>