WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Pro Advice for Getting a Website for your business

TheMoneyMamaTheMoneyMama subscriber Posts: 1
I've been a professional website and graphic designer for the last 15 years and would like to offer some free advice to everyone that is trying to put together a website for their startup (on a budget).

I've been doing this for 15 years and like to help out new businesses, and can suggest a few things that might help you out on a budget:

1) Get a good hosting company you can grow with like Bluehost. http://bit.ly/1oSRlKH They will run you about $4/month but are excellent and I use them for all my clients. Stay away from GoDaddy for hosting (their support is overseas and is terrible).

2) Start with a premium Wordpress theme from a site like ThemeForest (they have thousands). This will save you hundreds on a designer and you'll most likely only need a few customizations.

3) Use the VisualComposer plugin for Wordpress. It allows anyone (even non-programmers) to create beautiful and complex pages in Wordpress.

If you have any website questions feel free to send me a message - I love helping new businesses.