WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

marketing web design/development services?

banksnsonsbanksnsons subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2015 in Marketing
hey! How is everyone? Im looking to make a business out of creating websites, but am not exactly sure how to go about marketing them. i read some posts in the forums over the last hour, but most require startup capital. How could i find my first client so i can start building things up and putting things together? How do you guys think i can find businesses that need websites?

i think this is a good opportunity for businesses with no websites, as i believe building an online presence is very important. i know i can charge a couple hundred, i just need to find my clients, what should i do? thanks!

Comments

• Options
    msgin015msgin015 subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    A good business plan will have a section regarding 'marketing' your biz that will answer that very question. It requires work yes, but will let you sleep.
  • Options
    evcourtevcourt subscriber Posts: 0
    For that first client, it's going to come down to good old fashioned outreach. Network, network, network. You're going to have to reach and get to know people and their businesses, whether directly or via email - it doesn't matter. Reach out, send them your pitch and be ready to overturn their initial objections.