WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Starting with DBA and moving to LLC or Corp later

shablonshablon subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2015 in Business Planning
Recently, got a b2b website idea that seems to be useful. Quite a few business people I know, expressed interest, and I've decided to move ahead with it. The business model is pretty simple. Companies and individuals sell their cervices to other businesses. I provide a platform for it and get a commission on every sale. Managed to put up technical side of it fairly quickly, and now thinking about a good legal set up to start. I'm not planning to scale significantly in the next few months and want something to get to testing quickly and painlessly (money wise). Got a few companies to basically run an alpha test. Meanwhile, i'll be exploring dynamics for that market niche, best legal and accounting set up to start scaling, and so on. To accept credit card payments, I need a business entity formed. Let's say, I start with a DBA, and when I decide that it's time to scale - I move to LLC or Corp (which one to chose is not a question at the moment). What kind of difficulties am I going to run into? Is that a good idea at all?