WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

defining mobile app back end

oasis8cakesoasis8cakes subscriber Posts: 1
Not sure if this post belongs with websites, so feel free to move this if necessary. So I'm researching a mobile app concept and have found that there is only one app on the market doing what I have mapped out and they're still relatively small. That's great news.

My problem is that I'm soft skills/organization person and while I may be learning java right now, it would make sense for me to bring others on board who have the technical skills so that I can focus on my strengths.

However, I was reading up on how to illustrate to a developer what I want in an app by sketching a blueprint of servers, APIs, and data diagrams. I don't know how I'm supposed to do this, or how to speak in a language that myself and a developer can understand.

Anyone with back end experience have suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• SmithJohnesSmithJohnes subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member

Backend is the important part of a mobile app that is responsible for data storage, security, and business logic. An app backend is much like a server for mobile apps, as it stores and sorts the important information that the end user does not see.

• Alex ProAlex Pro subscriber Posts: 6 Member

The best approach would be to figure out these things first: 1) What problem your app (business) solves? 2) Whom does it solve those problems for? 3) What is your business objective with this app (digital product)? 4) Would people pay for this? (Test market before you invest).

When you know the information above, you will be able to communicate to anyone exactly what you are trying to build. So professionals will be able to advise you the next steps, will know how to build user experience wireframes, designs, and what technology is most appropriate for your application. It really depends on what you want to do.. do you want to build it yourself or have a team around it that you will manage? Are you trying to attract investors? All the above will have an impact how you approach your project.

Feel free to get in touch, as this topic is HUGE and has no short answer. I'll be happy to help.

• elenatimelenatim subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022

A backend is an application intended for correspondence among machines and servers. The portable application backend waiter performs remote assignments and cycles data to make the frontend application experience better. A facilitated backend stays on far-off servers that engineers access through APIs .It is a piece of software that runs on machines called servers. Backend development for mobile applications empowers the main working of the users.