WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

A Good Marketing Story

adamcadamc subscriber Posts: 11
edited December 2008 in Marketing
I was talking to my step dad about my drive to do something with business and we ended up talking for a good hour and a half. I always knew that he owned a few bars at a time but he never shared with me how he got all those people in the door.
He told me that living in Hayward Wisconsin (which is known for its famous muskees and tourists also the big sking competition the Burkey. So he went out and talked to a sculptor all the way in Madison he told the guy he wanted an over sized muskee. The guy made him the biggest muskee ever one that would be the records. He ran adds in the paper saying he was unveiling the worlds biggest muskee. He kept it behind the bar and it would only be on display certain times. He would have people from all over coming to see this giant fish. Sometimes he would show it other times he wouldn`t he had the whole town talking about it.
This is just food for thought but it was a good story!

Comments