WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What would have helped you when you got started?

SolotrSolotr subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in Business Planning
Hi folks,
I running a survey for you business owners. There`s no money in it nor freebies nor anything more than helping out a colleague.
I know what would have helped me getting started with my first business (probably wouldn`t have started it either) but I want to know what would have helped you.
Most entrepreneurs figure if they just had more money at startup it would have been easier, as a business owner we know that money isn`t going to help a bad business idea nor magically give you `instant expert` knowledge to run a business.
I`m looking for answers to help women solo entrepreneurs get going and succeed. I see too many forum posts, answer sites with the same tired questions: How do I get a loan/grant/angel investing (with no business experience mind you) and make a million dollars?
I want only those who have been in business a minimum of 6 months (that critical `stick or quit` period). It`s only 7 questions - and nope, it`s not for money. Sorry about that
Here`s the link What Would Have Helped You?
and thank you. I`ll come back here in a month or so and let you know what the top results were - this should be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    As a woman, I can tell you that money is very important to us in operating a business. Most women businesses have many challenges trying to secure loans, etc. which is usually required to have a successful start. So we do tend to ask for assistance in that area as we see it as one of our biggest hurdles - we usually have all the other details worked out - just the funds
     I hope that you will get many responders to your survey - I just finished it.