WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to Get Started?

PaladinPaladin subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Selecting a Business
I have a basic idea of what I want to do as a business.  I perform various technical tasks on my day job.  One of which is creating reports for our customers.  I would like to start my own business providing technical services, such as report design/creation.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to get started?

Comments

• Options
    Jaun22Jaun22 subscriber Posts: 0
    I would make sure yo udo you r research before to jump in to something.
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you all for your advise.  I was thinking of trying to do some type of free lance work or maybe work with or possibly become a Virtual Assistant. I difinately am not to the point of leaving my current position.  I want to do somehting part time for a while.   
  • Options
    SandraSandra subscriber Posts: 0
    I maybe able to give you some tips as I am currently doing a similar role. What I did was create my own website for no charge through one of the marketing websites in the net ( i used ekwa.com) and afterwards also found this other web application that helps me promote myself. This helped others to find me and also for me to manage my services easily without affecting my current work. Best part of it for me was that its all free and there is no risk involved, I mean if at any point i feel like i dont have any time for my work or cant take certain job i can manage that without harming my reputation. Hope this helps. Btw, the web application site is www.lead2sale.net.
  • Options
    smallbizcoachsmallbizcoach subscriber Posts: 0
    I would recommend starting out as a freelancer. Typically, you will have to charge a bit lower until you get the references and credibility, then you can begin your take-off.
    Best of luck!
    Aaron