WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business in fair trade: How to get in touch with local people?

RosaRosa subscriber Posts: 3
Let's say I would start a fair trade fashion business, and I would want to know how to find the workers I'm looking for. (At least a first step towards finding them.) What would be the first step here?
The idea is helping people who most need it and otherwise have a low chance of finding work or being paid fairly, but who also have the fine skills to craft clothing of superior quality. Rather than outsourcing the manufacturing to a massive clothing factory, I imagine a friendlier and more 'personal' environment such as a small scale workshop. (India, Indonesia, etc...) I just don't know where to get started, though! These people might not - probably don't - even have access to the Internet. And as for travelling, you should already know where to exactly. I need a starting point.

Any concrete ideas are hugely appreciated. Thanks!