WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Steps necessary to develop an idea

designguydesignguy subscriber Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Business Planning
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums as well as business itself. I'm hoping to gather some initial guidance from those who are more experienced than I am, and to also use this thread as a means of helping others who may also be in a similar position.

Short synopsis of myself: I am recently out of school in industrial design. While I look to gain more experience in my field, I have also found that I really aspire to one day use my creative skills to possibly develop an idea into a business.

Anyways, I feel as though I currently have an abstract idea that could be put into something useful, whether its a small business or even something slightly larger. For someone in my position, what would you say are some of the most practical steps forward to develop an idea in the context of business? Are there a good amount of examples of people who have successfully started a business with limited experience? Are classes, further education, actual working experience usually an absolute must in order to start a business in a specialized field?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!