WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Are Print Directories Still Relevant?

ImageOutsourceImageOutsource subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Marketing
HI guys-

I was looking for opinions from the general public on whether or not printed directory type publications still were relevant and a favorable marketing option for business owners.

What I'm really asking here is this: If I commit my time and money into making a small magazine/directory- will prospective advertisers laugh me out of their stores because print is so "yesterday"? I would of course, introduce an online directory as well, to compliment the printed one- as well as a Facebook page, twitter acct etc.. but I am thinking that the printed product would be the workhorse of the whole set up.

I COMPLETELY believe in target marketing.. and a local directory to me, seems about as targeted as you can get. I'm not aiming to make a million.. just feed my kiddos.

Thoughts?

Comments