WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Guerrilla marketing idea

db87db87 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Marketing
There's a big community picnic coming up in my town. I've been thinking about doing some guerilla marketing there. I'd get custom frisbees made http://www.promosonline.com/Product/...er_9FFPRO.html with my logo on them and a QR code to my website and have them handed out to the families and thrown around. Do you think it's a good idea? Would the hosts mind? Should I contact them first?

Comments

• Road2SaleRoad2Sale subscriber Posts: 1
    Since the picnic is organised, ask them about it, let them know the price is going to be low and you won't bother them, you'll just sell them and ask any questions. I think that is reasonable enough.
    Here is an idea, make a contest out of it... the group that can keep the frisbee in the air will get a reward, that will definitely spark some interest. Just don't sell yourself unless they ask you to. If nothing else, you can ask them if they'd like to have you for their next picnic.