WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Private Investment for Purchasing A Business

michbizmichbiz subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in Growth Funding
I may be posting in the wrong area, feel free to re-direct me if this is the case!

I am looking for funding to help me purchase an established business.

The business of choice has not been selected at this moment simply because I am not looking to move forward with a purchase until mid 2016.

What I do expect to purchase-

A business in the distribution/sales of industrial equipment. The business will be established,trackable sales progress and cash flow, BUT must have room for growth when taken on by a motivated individual. I am looking to purchase somewhere in the range of 400K-700K.

I have 7 years of experience in sales and new business development, and have been well educated on the aspect of business growth and management.

What I need to find- Capitol Venture or private investors willing to invest between 100k-150k to help with the purchasing process in return obtaining a profitable share of the business. I have found it very hard to come across investment groups or something similar that has interest in investing with an established business or anything similar. I am new to the search, so maybe i just need the right advice. I spent a few days working with my local SBA chapter here in Michigan and all they were able to say is good luck, if you are not a start-up it is very hard to find interested investors these days...

I find it hard to believe that investors would be willing to overlook an established business with proven track record just because of the latest startup "craze" that exists.. Any ideas , or potential investor's in the Michigan area?

Comments