WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

An Alternative to Traditional Web Design?

OriginalNutterOriginalNutter subscriber Posts: 1
Hi All,

We have recently launched a new web design service that we hope will help startups with very tight initial budgets. Please note, this is not a sales plug. We are looking for feedback on the idea before we spend on marketing.

Traditionally if you want a website you hire someone to build it for you. Maybe pay them a deposit and then a large lump sum when complete. I know that when I started out I couldn't afford the type of website I wanted (if I wanted to pay someone to build it).

How about if it costs you next to nothing initially to get built? With everything included - hosting, domain, email, design, build, support, maintenance. We are looking at charging a much more managable ongoing monthly fee for websites. Starting at around $30/mo going upto around $90/mo for an eccommerce website.

Would you consider this as an option? What would you see as the pro's and con's of this?

Thanks in advance,

Bo