WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What to look for an accountant for your business?

OnchieOnchie subscriber Posts: 11
I need to hire an accountant that can accomplish all the accounting work for my small business. I've read this article, http://www.infinitaccounting.com/blog/7 ... ccountant/, and I just want to make sure that I have all the information I need. Anything else that you might want to add?

Comments

• houngiehoungie subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Onchie
    Some accountants are also more specialize or more farmiliar in certain area or field. find an accountant that has some idea, and they feel comfortable dealing in your nature of business. Also, find an accountant who is easy to deal with, with communication. For example if you have the same interest with your accountant, the accountant may like you and willing to spend some time on your work
  • GcrawfordGcrawford subscriber Posts: 5
    To outsource an accountant or hire a remote staff accountant you need to know what is their capability if they can provide what you really need. They need to have knowledge to answer basic accounting questions, they need to have proper experience so that you know if they can do the work or not. They must be willing to share risks tolerance, they need to be creative but knows the risks. They must have the spirit to do the job.

Axiem Corp. Accounting Services in the Philippines(Check Official Site)
  • Business ConsultantsBusiness Consultants subscriber Posts: 45 Bronze Level Member
    edited November 2016
    Hiring an accountant for your small business is important, but you need to properly study about the accountant you are going to hire, whether he is compatible with your requirements and budget. You can also outsource your accounts to an accounting firm.

Accountants and Auditors in Qatar http://www.hlbqatar.com
  • tcollinstcollins subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    One other thing to think about is that you may not need a full fledged accountant who charges $120/hour or you could use a bookkeeper who charges $50 an hour or less to do the bookkeeping and have it ready for tax time so that it is saving on your overall costs.
  • dnsaccountingdnsaccounting subscriber Posts: 1
    Accounting, bookkeeping, and outsourcing are the most complex activities that companies have to manage. It is very difficult and quite expensive for small and medium scale business to hire professional chartered accountants on a full-time basis. So, the professional companies which are providing accounting services to all companies apart from their size. Such companies can serve you with all your accounting need in the most cost-effective manner.
    DNS Accounting Services
  • harryventharryvent subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    I would like to say something about this quest. Accounting is crucial for small business, because proper accounts maintenance aid to boost up your growth and let you know the incoming, expense and more. Escalate these things to accountant is nice idea but apart from another way also there. 
    Are you heard about any accounting software, it have apps which are essential for managing accounts in one place. For which I'd like to suggest Apptivo, it suitable for small businesses also cost effective. First of all could you check whether it suitable your business, it provides free trial for paid versions. Try to check out.
  • linalina subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Every jobs need accountant to manage business, also know to use accounting software.
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    The technical competence of the accountant ( CPA or EA is pretty much a necessity).
  • Jhon CluadeJhon Cluade subscriber Posts: 10 Member

For me experience is the key plus they are easy to communicate with here is a guide

• finnkevin4498finnkevin4498 subscriber Posts: 6 Member

Here are Some Top Tips to Help You Choose an Accountant

• Ask yourself if location matters.
    • You can choose to work with a chartered or certified accountant.
    • Find an accountant who has the relevant expertise.
    • Talk to the government and business associations.
    • Use your social media networks to get involved.
    • Make the most of your online connections.