WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Are loyalty rewards still effective for customer service?

OnchieOnchie subscriber Posts: 11
What's the best way to acknowledge the customer's loyalty with your products?

Comments

• Options
    martinamartina subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey - I work in loyalty and we have several examples of customers offering e.g. a voucher as the reward, or an instore discount to their customers - all very popular. Others go the more traditional way with free coffees or beers (yes, that too!), and others again offer a free yoga class, incentivising people to pay for 10 classes in one go, then they get an extra for free.

As a consumer - I like loyalty points a lot. I use Starbucks' and know that I go there over other places half the time purely because I get something in return.

Another one im a member of is less clear in what my points get me - but I always insist on getting my points! It's human nature I think - we all love the chance at something for 'nothing'!

How are you doing it yourself?
  • Options
    Diana.kasimDiana.kasim subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    Martina wrote relevant points, I also use Starbucks app to get 1 drink for free. When you get something for free as a loyal customer, it makes you feel special. The best way to know is loyal - technology, apps, reviews depends on what's your business. tell us more
  • Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    This is a very old post. However, I believe loyalty rewards still relevant and effective. The main reasons remain the same.
    1) retain your customers. Everyone loves special treatment or reward. 
    2) encourage more sales. "Buy more, more rewards".
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/