Options Instead of Franchising?

JBSurfsJBSurfs Posts: 10subscriber Member
edited August 2014 in Business Planning
I'm trying to get my product out to others to resell for me. Basically I'd really like to have a person in each city that can re-sell my product in that area. I have a product targeted at kids and most likely will be bought by moms. In the $8-10 range. I don't want to go through the hassles of getting a franchise license. Can I set these people up as authorized resellers or some other name? I'll sell probably 20 at a time at a wholesale price and then they can resell at the retail price. No initial fee.

I'm open to ideas.

Comments

• TreyRTreyR Posts: 0subscriber
    Hi, my recommendation is to check out affiliate marketing. The definition of Affiliate Marketing, "a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts." Basically means you pay people a commission for bringing in sales for your product. Though I am a marketer, my knowledge of affiliate marketing is very brief, but here is a site that can give you more info (and is actually an affiliate program site that you can advertise your product): http://www.cj.com/what-is-affiliate-marketing

Good luck!

P.S. You can start off by marketing the product yourself and turn your customers into affiliates(which may be easier than finding affiliates), giving your customers a chance to earn money by recommending your product. You can also start a referral program (which is like affiliate marketing, but less technical I believe). A referral program is a good starting point and something you can start right away.